Wonderland Nursery in Ninewells is a part of Little Einstein’s Kindergarten Ltd. It is ideally located at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee and can accommodate 26 children while catering for children from birth up to 5 years. We are registered with the Local Council and The Care Commission and take pride in working closely with them in order to provide the best care to the children of our nursery.
With a Nursery Manager to oversee the activities of the entire nursery, and one supervisor, children are supervised at all times by qualified Nursery Nurses and Nursery Assistants, who are working towards SVQ Level 2 or 3 in Early Years and Education qualifications. We also have a cook, a cleaner and a handyman to support us.
7.00am – 6.00pm (Monday to Friday)
We are open 52 weeks of the year and are closed only on Christmas, Boxing day, New Year and 2nd January. The nursery closes at 4.30pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, should these fall on a weekday.
Please DO NOT bring Children to nursery before the start of session or pick up later than their end time.
Meals & Snacks
- Our qualified cook provides nutritious, healthy snacks made fresh daily.
- Our menus are on a 3 week rota and are displayed on our parent’s notice board.
- Snacks are provided at 9.30am and again at 2.30pm. Breakfast is on offer until 8.30am and a two course lunch is provided.
- Our 0-2 age group receive a substantial snack at 3.00pm.
- Milk and water are provided at snacks and mealtimes.
- Water and fresh fruit are on offer to the children throughout the day.
- Snacks and meals are included in the fees.
- Vegetarian options are also available
- A child with a special dietary requirement is also accommodated by the nursery.
0 - 2 years Room
The child to staff ratio in this room is 3:1
It is bright, cosy room providing a relaxed and loving atmosphere for babies to develop and learn to their full potential. Various activities such as Action rhymes, painting, finger painting, display work, glueing and sticking are on offer for the children, taking into account each child’s age and stage of development.
There is a separate sleep area to provide children with a quiet, comfortable place to rest. Children are also taken outdoors to play various games and with equipments such as sand tray/water tray.
2 - 5 years Room
This is a spacious, bright room which offers children opportunities to learn and develop through free play and planned activities. We also have a story corner where children can sit quietly and read stories and also play with the musical instruments. There is a separate arts and craft room for the children to develop their creative instincts.
Other activities include role play, sand and water play, a writing table which allows children to do their own picture.
This is the art room the children can paint in different ways by free paint finger paint, using sponges and paint brushes, make junk models and cut and glue. They also have a sand tray and a water tray.
This helps the children express them self through creativity pictures and models for wall displays and taken home.